Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 6 and 7: Brick Lane and Fall Break

Hello followers! I know, I forgot to post last week... I'm sorry, I wish I had a better excuse than I simply forgot. But I don't. I simply forgot to do my blog post. And I almost forgot about this week's post as well. At least I've figured out that I would be a terrible journalist! Or people who write blog posts for a living. I absolutely hate doing this, but I figured you guys should go on my London journey with me. So, if it wasn't for all of you guys (and my grade) I wouldn't be doing this. So consider yourself lucky!
                Last week, on Sunday, I went to Brick Lane with my friend Keila (Yes, the Hell's Kitchen girl). We had never gone and we had heard nothing but great things! So we took the District line from the Earl's Court station to the Aldgate station. From there, it is about a 10 minute walk. Brick Lane is this street that has so many restaurants on it, but that's not even the best part. On Saturdays and Sundays, there is a huge warehouse filled with SO MANY food stands and there are also a bunch of stands with people selling a variety of items for pretty affordable prices. The first time I went, I ended up buying a scarf for only 2 GBP (Great British Pounds) which is equivalent to about $3.22. That is pretty much a steal! It's a super cute scarf too! It is a crème color scarf with red bows on it. I didn't have one like it so I had to get it. It makes sense to me. I also bought two dresses for 22 GBP. This was the raised price because I waited too long to actually buy them, but the dresses are beautiful. One is a maroon colored, sleeveless dress with crème lace in the front. The second dress was the same style as the maroon one, but it was a sky blue that had birds all over it. The dress really reminded me of my Meemee and I knew she was smiling down at me for buying it. So that was the clothing items that I bought. There were so many food options to choose from I didn't know where go to. I ended up getting a chicken arepa from the outside arepa stand. It was the bread roll thing filled with chicken, black beans, Pico de Gallo, and cheese. It was so extremely good. After we ate, we walked around to find a coffee shop to sit and chill and get a coffee. We ended up finding one nearby and got a couple cappuccinos. They were closing soon so we ended moving to another one and literally just sat around and talked for hours! It was great. We left this coffee shop around 8:30pm and decided to go back around home and grab some dinner. We ended up eating at Nando's (this freakishly amazing chicken place) since Keila had never eaten there ever. It never fails to be amazing! This day turned out to be pretty amazing! I also went back to Brick Lane the following Sunday to purchase a shirt for my little cousin to be! While in London, I found out that my cousin and his girlfriend were going to have a baby and I wasn't able to make the baby shower. So, I decided to get them my own little gift! The shirt is a creme color and it has a cheetah bow on the front and I had them put her name, Aubrey, on the back in gold. It is literally THE cutest little baby shirt ever! The cool thing about the shirt is that it's 100% Organic African Cotton and it's the only shirt with the name Aubrey on the back. So this is a one of a kind shirt. So it is super special! That's really the only reason I went back.
                This week was Fall Break and it seemed as though everyone left! It was quite quiet and peaceful in the flat. It was nice, but also boring. I found myself sleeping and watching Netflix for most of the break. So, since I was staying is London for Fall Break, I decided to make myself go out during the day and I could come back in the late afternoon and watch Netflix. Seems like a pretty good plan right? I sure think so. I had received Ladies Man in the mail from my parents and I knew that I needed to read it, so I went to Starbucks and read it. First I found this super cheap Chinese Take Away place and ordered some egg fried rice for about 2 GBP. THAT IS SUPER CHEAP! I then went to Starbucks and ordered a mango and passion fruit frozen tea. It was pretty tasty. I was there for most of the day just reading and relaxing.
                Speaking of relaxing, Netflix is super relaxing if you didn't already know that. But do you know what is kind of stressful? Having to keep up with so many shows! I am currently using two different websites to watch shows. I use mobilevids.org to keep up with The Walking Dead and American Horror Story and I use Netflix to watch movies and what not. Keeping up with The Walking Dead and American Horror Story isn't all that bad because it's once a week. But I have gotten addicted to two other shows as well. I'm completely hooked on the show Greek! I am absolutely in love! I am also kind of into this USA show called Satisfaction. So many shows to keep up with!! But it's pretty ok I suppose. It keeps me occupied whenever I procrastinate. So that's a thing.

                Well, that's basically all that has happened the past couple weeks. The work load for school is starting to add up now so next week will most likely be about school stuff. But I'm sure I'll add some humor in that somewhere. Haha! So stay tuned for my next blog, which should be on time this time: Week 8: Work. So Much Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment