Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week 5: What is Wifi?

               Hey there followers! I am a little late with this post, but who actually reads this anyway? Haha! I joke, I joke! But really though... London has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions so far. I love it, but I can't wait to come home. I can't wait to come home and hug my family, hug my puppies, sleep in my own bed, shower in my own shower, and use my own dependable wifi!
                Yes, I said wifi. The wifi here, or lack of, absolutely sucks! Every once in a while I'll have a connection and everything will be peachy, and then out of nowhere it completely cuts out and will never comes back. THIS MAKES ME SO MAD AND I JUST WANT TO SCREAM! I will literally be in the middle of publishing a blog post or will be watching a movie on Netflix, and it will cut out and I won't be able to finish it. It is so terrible. The only place I can get consistent wifi is out in the classroom when there is nobody there. And sometimes then it will cut out for a half second, but it always kicks back on. It's very temperamental.  Also, whenever it rains, which happens quite a lot now, the wifi gets even crappier. You would think that rain wouldn't matter, but you would be surprised.
                The worst part about having spotty wifi is whenever I'm writing a paper. I have to have some sort of music or noise playing while I write. It keeps me calm so I don't stress out, because I tend to do that a lot whenever I write a paper. However, it can be argued that having no wifi while you write a paper is actually because there are less distractions. But I will just tell you... I LOVE THOSE DISTRACTIONS! THEY ARE WHAT KEEP ME GOING!!! That's just how I'm programmed I think. I don't really know.
                One big distraction for me lately has been this Pokemon game I have found on the internet called Pokemon Tower Defense. I am literally obsessed! I'm not going to lie, I will play it for hours on the weekend if I don't have anything planned to do... It is that addicting! It's just like the other Tower Defenses games, but it is a fan made storyline that is similar to the original storylines. I am currently stuck on a level. I know, I'm super cool guys! I have an account and everything! (A free account though. I'm not that obsessed). There is actually two Tower Defense games, Pokemon Tower Defense One and Two. They deal with the first two generations. One positive thing I have noticed is once I am connected to the online game, it won't cut out on me even if the wifi cuts out. The game still plays just fine, I am just not able to save. So I just wait until the wifi comes back on, if it doesn't then I just go out to the classroom to get two seconds of wifi to save my game.
                The wifi has been ok lately. However, when we as a class all meet up for our blogging class in our little bitty classroom, only like four people can get okay wifi. It's ridiculous. What is funny is seeing people get to the classroom early to grab the only ethernet cable in the classroom. There used to be three, but two have magically disappeared. It doesn't really affect me too much because ethernet cables don't work for my computer. Apparently it's not compatible or something. I don't really know. I just kind of go with the flow. I make sure I bring something to do during class if I am not able to get online and do my blog. I'll also just throw this out there since I'm talking about blogging, it is really annoying whenever I go to publish my blog and then I suddenly lose internet connection and I can't publish it at that time. I mean, I just want to get it over with. You get what I'm saying? I get what I'm saying.
                And last night my friend Keila and I were having a mini Hell's Kitchen date, which means we were just laying on the floor watching Hell's Kitchen on her computer on Hulu. Well we were attempting to watch the show. We got through one episode okay. So we decided to watch one more episode, not thinking that it would start to mess up. Well we were wrong. We got through about the first twenty-two minutes or so and then the wifi cut out. No big deal, we were expecting something like this to happen. So we just waited and nothing happened. So we restarted the wifi and still nothing. And when it would start to play again, it would only play for about ten seconds before it would stop. All in all it took us about an hour and a half to watch the this last episode which was only forty-two minutes to begin with. It was absolutely crazy! WIFI SHOULDN'T BE THAT SUCKY! I mean this wifi is worse than Millikin's wifi, and that's saying something. Millikin's wifi is absolutely terrible. But London's wifi makes Millikin's look perfect. Talk about crappy wifi.

                So to wrap this blog post up, I know this was a super long one, I will simply say that if you are planning to travel to London be prepared to not have wifi at like all. You can get it randomly at some restaurants and pubs, but usually not. Well anyways stay tuned for next week's blog, which will most likely not be super late like this one's! (Hopefully I don't forget like this time. Oops...) Next week's blog is entitled, Week 6: Brick Lane. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment